Sunday, December 25, 2005

Tsunami day

I was working on board a big game fishing boat at One and Only Kanuhura.....then.
It was a beautiful morning and as usual i started the day at 5:30 on the staff end of the island where there is a long and large beach.,doing yoga with two other staff.
We dint feel a thing around 6:30 when the earth quake hit ..ie on the beach.But when we came back for breakfast those who were awake and in bed have felt it definitively.We dint think much of it cos such things.. Tsunamis are not known for us.
We dint have any bookings that day but I thought of going on board to do some rust cleaning of the fighting chair.So at around 9:00 I went on board...leaving the capt. to sleep.Tied the dinghy behind and got on to my work.....and then I felt an uneasiness because the dingy started ramming on to the boat .I thought" what the hell..whats wrong with the current to day".Gave some more rope but still it came banging on .I noticed the boat too was turning round and round and even felt as if its torned off its moors.I went up front to check.Its holding ...alright.
The boat is anchored inside the lagoon on the west side of the island..and i saw The blue lagoon churning in patches of white.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home